THE RIPPLE EFFECT
There is no limit to the amount of creativity and "out of the box" thinking that can go into this attention-grabbing, team event and corporate activity for the whole team.
- The Ripple Effect can be presented on a number of different levels.
- It can be used as purely company fun activities or a social team event, pitting teams against one another in a creatively competitive environment.
- Alternatively this team event and corporate activity can look very closely at a lot of everyday issues occurring in the corporate environment.
In these company fun activities, teams are set the task of designing & building a Ripple Effect Machine with limited materials and time.
This machine will be made up of a number of different materials and equipment with each element causing a domino effect or chain reaction onto the next element. These elements will ultimately continue until a certain objective is reached.
The domino effect of all these various machine elements in these company fun activities closely resemble the project flow of systems though a normal company.
Teams will need to work together to create the winning machine in this event.
A MYRIAD OF CREATIVITY can be brought to play in using items similar to the following:
- Rubber Bands
- Chop Sticks
- Mouse Traps
- Paper Plates
- Cardboard Tubes
- Fishing Gut
- Golf Balls
- Electric Motors
- Pipes etc..
Within the time available to them, the teams will have to move smart and fast with an eye for detail at all times.
The project force will have to organise themselves into work sub-divisions in order to meet all of the criteria of a winning machine, select leadership and overseers, then also quickly assess what material resources are available to them in this team event.
In these company fun activities, time will need to be spent inventing a 'big picture' overview of the system and how it will need to be made to meet all of the 'Client's' requirements and needs.
The team will have to decide on how to reach their end objective which can be something as simple as ringing a bell, or switching a switch in this social team event. Also they will need to plan carefully to ensure that the project does not run out of materials required.
All ideas and suggestions with potential pitfalls need to be debated by the team in coming up with the draft blueprint for their Ripple Effect Machine.
When building starts there will be more than enough equipment at their disposal to make each element work effectively.
Glue Guns, work tables and helpful facilitators as well as the indispensable Duct tape and super glue as a last resort will be at their disposal.
Lots of testing will have to be done in this team event to ensure that each cog in the wheel operates correctly but too much testing can often be to their detriment as parts are often known to wear down.
Different Phases can be introduced in these company fun activities.
- The first phase of this corporate activity will force the delegates to quickly organise themselves into sub-departments and select leadership. The Machines are required to deliver on a REQUIRED END-RESULT whilst at the same time addressing CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE during the process. We are looking for "wow-moments" and how the teams have operated within their restricted parameters.
- The second phase of this corporate activity can address some crisis management issues requiring the teams to change a number of elements without sacrificing the end deliverable nor compromising the customer experience.
- Lastly, the third phase of these company fun activities, if time allows teams can be tasked to reduce the cost of the machine with as little impact on the end result and customer experience as possible.
This corporate activity is extremely customisable and can be flexible in addressing many issues which may be prevalent within your team.
The session kicks off with a short presentation giving the teams some video examples to inspire their imaginations. We will also explain the terminology that will be used and throughout these company fun activities, we will be monitoring, facilitating, assisting, suggesting and keeping track of scores.
Areas in which this team event and corporate activity can assist your team include:
- Effectiveness through Teamwork
- Keeping focused on objectives
- Being aware of client experience
- Unity between project teams
- Breaking down of Silos
Movers & Shakers carefully design the team event and corporate activity to include every delegate, without leaving anyone out.
This social team event and competitive corporate activity most definitely has something in it for everyone. Each delegate's involvement is dependent on the scope of their imagination.
THE RIPPLE EFFECT is a fun yet thought provoking company team building event that really brings the best out of a team with regard to creativity and innovation.
This competitive corporate activity has enormous value that can be taken back to any office!
Your team will be certain to bring up elements of learning from these cleverly designed company fun activities for a long time to come.
This is an unforgettable team event for even the most hardened of teams.